Monday, September 15, 2008

Let's all watch the sketch Carly Fiorina thinks is sexist.

Says Fiorina, "The portrait was very dismissive of the substance of Sarah Palin. And so in that sense they were defining Hillary Clinton as very substantive and Sarah Palin as totally superficial. I think that continues the line of argument that is disrespectful in the extreme and yes I would say sexist in the sense that just because Sarah Palin has different views from Hillary Clinton does mean that she lacks substance."

Indeed, Sarah Palin's views show she's from the far-right. Her lack of substance is why this line is so funny:

"CLINTON": I believe that diplomacy should be the cornerstone of any foreign policy.

"PALIN": And I can see Russia from my house!

Sarah Palin says she thought it was dandy, although the press who accompanied her heard no laughter from her or her entourage. To be fair, they might not have heard it over their own. In any case, if I were her, I think I at least would have objected to my hometown being called "Alaska's Crystal Meth Capitol." No need to blame Wasilla specifically when it's the Matanuska-Susitna area generally.