Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Annoy the media, vote Edwards.

From John Edwards, to the petty, pampered, pathetic press:

As Tapped notes:

Watching the coverage of John Edwards has been pretty depressing lately. It's obvious that a significant proportion of the political press corps has decided they just don't like him, and they're going to do whatever they can to destroy his candidacy. The principal vehicle through which this destruction is currently taking place is the haircut story, the vivid, emblematic tale that is supposed to tell us all we need to know about what a big, fat phony Edwards is. They drop it into story after story, no matter what the context is about, just as a reminder.

And from John Edwards to you:

How do we bring about big change? And I think that's a fundamental threshold question. And the question is, do you believe that compromise, triangulation will bring about big change? I don't. I think the people who are powerful in Washington - big insurance companies, big drug companies, big oil companies - they are not going to negotiate. They are not going to give away their power.

The only way that they're going to give away their power is if we take it away from them.

And I have been standing up to these people my entire life. I have been fighting them my entire life in courtrooms - and beating them.

You want real change, you need somebody who's taken these people on and beaten them over, and over, and over.

No offense to Hillary and Barack, who are fine, but I'm tired of begging for justice, and they're clearly not.