Wednesday, September 13, 2006

"Well, you get elected governor, Brian."

Like I said, Sonny's in it for himself. From the Political Insider:

The shoe may have slipped onto the other foot during Tuesday's afternoon rush-hour.

The program was "The Right Side with Shelley Wynter" on WAOK (1380 AM). The guest was Governor Perdue from Houston County, and the caller was Brian from parts unknown.

Brian: "Hello, Governor, I'm a big fan of yours."

Sonny Perdue: "Thanks, Brian."

Brian: "I'd like to think I'm a lot like you. I just graduated from UGA and recently married my high school sweetheart."

Sonny Perdue: "All right. I hope you make it 34 years like we have."

Brian: "Well, that's my goal, Governor. The one thing I haven't been able to do is find a way to have a friend of mine write me a bill that saves me a $100,000 on my taxes. I was wondering how I might be able to get that done."

Sonny Perdue: "Well, you get elected governor, Brian. I appreciate your question. That was really nice. I appreciate you being a fan, and i wish you well on your honeymoon."

The audio, undoubtedly coming soon to a radio near you.