Monday, November 15, 2004

How much is Arlen Specter's dignity worth?

And does he have enough left to buy the Judiciary Committee Chair:

One focus when the Senate reconvenes Tuesday will be the efforts of Specter to convince fellow Republicans he deserves to be the next Judiciary Committee chairman. Opposition has arisen to Specter, who supports abortion rights, as a result of his postelection statements that nominees with anti-abortion views would have a tough time winning Senate confirmation.

Were I Specter, I think the extent of my effort to "convince" my colleges would be this: "Give me the chair now, or I quit the party, quit the Senate, and let Ed Rendell name my replacement, because I will not put up with this shit anymore."

But then, I'm not Arlen Specter, who apparently will put up with this shit.